Thursday, February 13, 2014

Trillium Gallery Opening and a St. Jude's Charity Auction

Off to Grandma's - Christmas Morning

I don't know when I've been more excited or felt better about calling myself an artist than I do today.  In spite of the pending storm, tomorrow morning I am driving to Saugerties, NY (in the heart of the Catskills) to attend the grand opening of the new physical Trillium Gallery which is at noon on Saturday, February 15. Why would I drive into a storm for a gallery opening??? Because three of my artworks are hanging for the opening gala!! (I'm praying the worst will be over by morning and cleared up by the time I get there tomorrow afternoon!) I just didn't want to miss the excitement. 

I've been associated with Trillium Gallery since its inception four years ago when the curator, Maureen Maliha opened a small gallery not far from Woodstock. But, unfortunately, its location was pretty much a secret - difficult to find out in the country. The new gallery is right downtown in this absolutely quaint and historic village of Saugerties which hosts nearly a dozen hunter-jumper horse shows (HITS, Inc. which stands for Horse shows in the Sun) from May through September. This brings huge crowds to the village. There are also a number of other huge festivals including a music festival, a garlic festival and an electric dance music festival among other delightful get togethers! Needless to say, it's a fabulous thing to be a part of this new undertaking in such a vibrant cultural center just an hour and a half north of NYC. 

But my good news doesn't end there. While preparing for my trip to the grand opening, I got word from Trillium that the St. Jude Children's Hospital fundraising branch had selected the works of 5 Trillium artists to be auctioned at one of the many fundraising galas they host around the country. I'm so honored to say that the group selected the image posted above as one of the works they would like to have and they intend to auction it at their Atlanta Gala. It's a joy to donate the work for such a worthy cause and one that has always been close to my heart. But it's just such a wonderful affirmation that they selected my work out of the hundreds of incredible artworks showcased at Trillium Gallery Online (www.trilliumgallery.com) I can only hope that it raises a significant amount of money for the children St. Jude Children's Research Hospital helps every year. I congratulate the other artists whose work was also selected for other galas from NYC to Denver.

I have every faith that the snow will be gone, the roads clear, and the weather warmer for Saturday's grand opening. If you are within driving distance, it would be wonderful to have you join us any time after noon for beautiful artwork, good food, and fabulous music. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment