Friday, June 6, 2014

D-DAY - I promised a different kind of post but...

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen...the hopes and prayers of liberty-loving peoples everywhere march with you.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower - D-Day speech




I watched a young man on the news last night, in Normandy with his great grandfather, overlooking the wide open beach and the impossibly rugged, tall cliffs of the Normandy coast, saying honestly, “I can’t imagine putting my life on the line to cross that beach under heavy fire…I don’t think many of us can.” And yet, if we can’t imagine it, how are we to remember it and to honor the courage and the sacrifice of the thousands who gave their lives for our freedom? 

Read more...on my WordPress blog for today
http://seasonssongandspirit.wordpress.com/2014/06/06/d-day-we-must-always-remember-html/

Tuesday I will finish the series on living from the heart and that will be my last post for several weeks as I will be in the hospital or away at rehab and then unable to sit at the computer for some time. I will try to get a couple of posts prepared ahead and schedule them but I don't think that's likely with all else I have to do in the next few days for work. I hope you'll come back and visit and read when I am able to return. 


No comments:

Post a Comment